How can I correct misinformation?

My mother's children are incorrect on Ancestry.Com I am her only child. She had 2 step children.


Thank you for your question about correcting information on  You don't say if this is a census record or a personal family tree.  For those who personally subscribe to (as opposed to the Library Edition) there is an option to correct a spelling on Ancestry's index. 

If the information is from an official document, such as a census record, that information can't be corrected or changed.  If it is a personal family tree, you would have to contact the person who posted the information and provide correct information about your mother, hoping that person would change the information he or she posted.

Please let me know if this did not answer your question.


  • Last Updated Jan 14, 2019
  • Views 141
  • Answered By John Jasumback

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 2 0